Glam Gallery: How I De-stress

The first post of the new year...School has taken up literally all my time. Speaking of which I know a lot of you go through the same thing and this post is all about how I personally manage that. In terms of stress or de-stressing. If you wanna know how I manage to stay sane during any stressful season in my life, this post is for you♥. I hope it's helpful. Tell me what you think in the comments below ↧
πŸŽ”

                               Image result for acupressure mat
Photo creds to HealthProductsForYou.com

Bed of Nails.
Acupressure is a centuries-old Asian practice used for meditation and healing. It is a mild alternative to acupuncture that can be done at home and has the same amazing results on the body. There's an endless list of benefits that I encourage you to research but today we're covering stress management on the mind & body. Stress takes a physical toll on my body personally. I tend to hold a lot of tension in my jaw, which I don't realize until it causes me to have a stress-induced headache. The tension usually spreads to my neck and shoulders and eventually, causing muscle tightness in my upper body. The needles on my acupressure matt sink deep into my pressure points until my body forces itself to relax. This isn't as scary as it sounds the needles however sharp do not break the skin, they just press deeply into your body's pressure points causing a, sometimes immediate, release of tension, pressure or pain. I usually lay on it from fifteen to forty-five minutes per night. The longer you lay on it the more relaxed you feel. It helps me sleep better, it helps me stay relaxed, it relieves any muscle aches, pains, soreness, tension, tightness, etc. The list goes on and on, I wake up the next morning feeling like a noodle. It's amazing, This was also a great tool for me when I was struggling with anxiety, daily. I highly recommend this to anyone who struggles with stress, body aches, or anxiety. There are many different versions on the internet with varying prices, so I encourage you once again to do your research to find one that's right for you. I'll link a reasonably priced one I found Amazon here just so you can get a sense of where to start. It's worth every penny.


Aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils for mental and physical well being. With that being said there are many uses of aromatherapy but I personally use it for stress relief, anxiety relief, and sleep.  The aroma emitted from the oils stimulate brain function. When the scent enters the bloodstream it triggers the release of hormones like melatonin and serotonin that can help relieve symptoms of pain, stress, insomnia, etc. It also promotes relaxation by lowering blood pressure. The benefits of aromatherapy are endless, but it helps me to de-stress and sleep, especially during school. I use essential oils with a diffuser. The oil diffuser I have is from Art Naturals. I love this brand, they have pretty much everything including lots of different essential and carrier oils, many kinds of diffusers, skin care, hair care, etc. The oils and diffuser are worth every penny and would 100% repurchase.




If you made it this far thank you so much for visiting. I'm cutting this post off right here because I don't want it to be too long. I hope this post was useful/informative/ entertaining for you. Comment, like, subscribe, you can connect with me on social media ↑↓ Part two to this post possibly coming soonπŸ‘‹πŸ’‹

πŸ–€

πŸ–€

πŸ–€

πŸ–€

πŸ–€

πŸ–€



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glam Gallery: Bold Face Makeup (Lash Review)

Glam Gallery: Sunset Eyes

Glam Gallery: Korean Makeup