Glam Gallery: Brown Girl Reds

Hola, welcome or welcome back to my newly redesigned beauty space. Hope you guys are feeling the new aesthetic. I wanted to make a post about my favorite red lip colors. As a woman of color, these "universal" blue toned reds everyone in the beauty community is hyping up look ridiculous on dark skin, in my opinion. I think that us, brown girls need specifically could benefit from a difference of opinion. Red lipstick is such a classic staple color on every woman's vanity, and there is a red for every skin tone. These are my favorite. I hope they're helpful 💄

 1.)  The  Quince + Crimson Long Lasting Velvet Lip/ Cheek Crayon from Seraphine Botanicals. I  didn't see myself liking this but I gave it a try and fell in love. the finish is so beautiful. That's probably just a preference of mine because  I love matte lips and eyes.  The finish really is velvety and i love the way the color pops on my skin tone. I'm deep/dark with golden undertonesNeutrogena Nourishing Long Wear  Foundation in Chestnut ,for reference. This color is perfect for a simple look, a statement look. Any look really.




2.) The   Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick in the shade Poison Ivy from Sugar Cosmetics . This is definitely my favorite one. I'm obsessed with the color. It's not too light or too dark. Not too bright or overpowering yet not dark enough to be considered vampy. It's the perfect in between. I wouldn't consider it "matte as hell" but it's matte enough. This color, I'm almost positive is universal. I wore this in my Korean Makeup post. This is what I would call " The Perfect Date Night Lippy".  
  


3.) Sephora Collection Lip Liner to Go in the shade Deep Aubergine. This one is a mini lip liner. I use it as a lipstick, just a lip liner, or as a base for other red lipsticks. This color is a deep red, more warm toned that cool toned. A true red wine. Useable for any and every red lip look. However, I don't use it often because I'd rather not use liners to compensate for red lipstick that doesn't work well with my skin tone. 


4.)  The Starlooks lipstick/blush/shader in the shade Vin Petillant. A recent discovery via my Lip  Monthly bag. First of all, this packaging is adorable. It's a tiny lipstick 💄!  I didn't think I would like this at all but it's so pretty. I wouldn't wear it as a lipstick on its own. It's a very beautiful color but not opaque enough for my taste. I would use this as a lip topper. Over a red lip or a dark lip on the center of the lips for some shine or dimension. To add a plumping or sparkly effect. It would make any red lip pop, perfect for a holiday slay. 


5.) Salsa by  Hikari. This one is a gloss for all my glossy lip lovers out there. The color is more a fruit punch than a salsa in my opinion but, still on the red spectrum. It's smooth, super high shine, and perfect for every day if you're into reds like that. It's not too overpowering or loud of a color, and it's a gloss so you can sheer it out if you want to. I really like it. If you're into highly pigmented, opaque glosses then this one is not for you. 




If you made it to the end of my chatty blog post thanks for visiting ♥drop me a comment☟come again:) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glam Gallery: Bold Face Makeup (Lash Review)

Glam Gallery : Kasina Professional (review)