Glam Gallery: Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation Review

I already did a mini review of this foundation on Instagram a few months ago, but now it's been a little a while and I think it's time for an update. When I posted the first review the only cons I found were the lacking shade range and the packaging, but my opinion has definitely changed. So with that being said, I'll start with the cons. The formula feels really nice on the skin and it's just as long wearing as it says but, it cakes up. I'm not sure if this is just a personal problem with my body chemistry or the oils on my face but after about 9-10 hours (the foundation lasts for 12), the pretty skin-like finish goes away and it starts to sink into my lines and crease. My foundation always creases if I don't set it properly, but this formula made it so much more noticeable. I also noticed that the finish varies with tools you use, any foundation does. But to my disdain, a beauty blender, or any wet sponge, gives it a cakey application. I'm completely fine with using a foundation brush, but I would rather use a wet sponge because the finish is almost always better that way. Now on to the shade range, as I mentioned in my previous review is way too small. This shade, which is called Chestnut, is the darkest shade. There are not enough shades for deep to dark skin tones or very fair skin tones. The inconvenience of the twist off cap is my last con. Now on to the pros, the SPF. Not a lot of people like having a built in SPF in their foundation. Foundations that contain SPF give a strong flashback or white cast. So they're not at all made for flash photography or night time, but this makes it great for every day for me. For anyone who wears makeup on a daily basis, I'd say it's a plus.  I love that it's long wearing, I don't get a full twelve hours wear out of it like I mentioned before, but 8 hours is still a pretty good wear time. Even with all the cons I do like this foundation and I'll still use it, I may not repurchase though.
*

*

*

*
Get the Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation for $14.99 here 


Follow me on:



Thanks for visiting, come again :) subscribe ^



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glam Gallery: Bold Face Makeup (Lash Review)

Glam Gallery: Sunset Eyes

Glam Gallery: Korean Makeup